Concession/Group 8+: $35
Children Under 15: $15
- Book online (+$1.95 booking fee), in person at the Wyndham Cultural Centre or on 8734 6000
- Subscription and group discounts available
“Flawless...Cleverly constructed, full of melodramatic twists and humorous asides” ★★★★★ Sydney Morning Herald
The contradictions of modern India – with its iPhones and ancient gods – come alive in this outrageously funny and heartbreakingly beautiful story.
Amid the chaos of a bustling Bangalore railway station, a poor chai-wallah (tea-seller) has his life changed forever when an abandoned girl brings the place to a standstill with the beauty of song. Our Guru of Chai (Jacob Rajan) is a chameleon, channelling different characters and dispensing spiritual wisdom – sometimes questionable – as he plays out a serpentine tale of impossible love and modern day magic. He is by turns charming, loathsome and absurdly profound.
Let the guru pour you a cup of his finest, and you'll find that you're the one being stirred.
Suitable for the whole family, some mature themes, parental guidance may be required.
- Writers: Jacob Rajan & Justin Lewis
- Director: Justin Lewis
- Dramaturg Murray Edmond
- Lighting Designer: Cathy Knowsley
- Composer & Sound Designer: David Ward
- Set & Costume Design Concept: John Verryt
- Musician: Adam Ogle